Friday, May 15, 2009

Hosting Guests and Being Guests

This has been an incredibly busy time for us getting ready for the Dedication and with lots of other events going on. Just a few highlights:

We have offered hospitality to people who are attending a conference on racism this weekend, and some members of the Cleveland Catholic Worker have decided to take us up on it. Schedules are still in flux, but the plan is to share breakfast with them early Sunday morning before they leave, between 7-8:00. Drop by if you'd like to meet them! The Conference is on Saturday, May 19th from 9 am to 7 pm at The Ohio State University. Details are here, please check it out.

Pat, Austin and I were invited to the Josephinum Seminary at the end of April. We participated in evening prayer and then shared dinner and much discussion with their justice and human life group. We then got a tour of the Seminary. Their hospitality is top-notch and we were treated to a very warm reception. We are looking forward to finding ways for our communities to be involved and support one another in ministry work. It is a very beautiful campus. I was particularly moved by visiting the nun's chapel. In fact, I was stopped in my tracks and left speechless when I entered there, and I can't explain why (still speechless, I guess!) I wanted to stay in that chapel, it felt like my thirsty soul was drinking.

We recently hosted a group from Ohio Weslyan University! There are on a "pilgrimage" visiting different ministry sites in the area and stayed overnight with us earlier this week. We wish them well in their journey! They left us some delicious carrot bread which they baked right at our place!

No comments: